The Career Services Office utilizes the Symplicity system for on-campus recruiting, job postings, announcements, and networking opportunities.
Students can view job postings on the Symplicity system by logging in to https://law-texwes-csm.symplicity.com/students and clicking on the “Jobs” tab. If you have forgotten the password sent to you in your welcome message for Symplicity, click on the “Forgot Password” button on the login page to receive a new password. If you did not receive a welcome message at your Texas Wesleyan email account, contact Courtney Key, Assistant Director for Career Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Incoming 1Ls will receive welcome messages in November of their first year.
Symplicity Instruction Sheet
How to login:
1. Go to https://law-texwes-csm.symplicity.com/students. Please make sure the URL ends in “students” and not “employers” – you cannot login from the employer side.
2. Your username is your Texas Wesleyan e-mail address.
3. If you forget your password, click the [Forgot Password] button. The system will e-mail a new password to you at your Texas Wesleyan e-mail account.
How to change your password:
1. Go to the [Profile] tab at the top of the page.
2. Click on the [Password/Preferences] tab.
3. Enter your old password and then your new password to change.
How to search for a job:
1. Go to the [Jobs] tab at the top of the page.
2. Use the drop down menu to narrow results by practice type, position type, and class level.
3. Click on [Posted] to re-sort results by posting date.
4. Click on [Deadline] to re-sort results by application deadline.
5. Click on the job title to see more information about the job, including how to apply.
How to add documents:
1. Click on the [Documents] tab.
2. Use the [Add New] button to add a new document. Symplicity accepts either .doc or .pdf documents. All documents uploaded must be smaller than 200KB.
3. Use the radio buttons to select which type of document you are uploading – resume, cover letter, writing sample, or other. “Other” is used for references and transcripts.
4. You may upload multiple documents of the same type, and use the label feature to differentiate them.
How to apply for a job:
1. Click on the [Jobs] tab and follow the instructions to search for a job.
2. If the employer is accepting applications through Symplicity, you will see dropdown menus under the “Application Status” header after clicking on the job.
3. Use the drop-down menus to select which documents you want to attach to your application.
4. Click [Submit].