Dee J. Kelly Law Library’s ILLiad interlibrary loan system is available only to faculty, students, and staff of the Texas Wesleyan University School of Law.
- Go to the ILLiad logon page.
- If you are a first time user of ILLiad, click on the “First Time Users” link. Read the terms and conditions and then click on the “First Time Users Click Here” button. Complete the “New User Registration for ILLiad” form and click on the “Submit Information” button. You are now ready to use your username and password to log onto ILLiad.
- At the ILLiad Logon screen, enter your ILLiad Username and Password in the appropriate boxes. Click the “Logo to ILLiad” button to access ILLiad.
- The ILLiad main menu page is divided into three sections - “Request Types,” “Review Requests,” and “Review Personal Information.” If you have previously submitted an interlibrary loan request, you can view/modify your request; view/download any electronically received articles; view/renew any interlibrary loan items that you have checked out; look at your request history; or view/resubmit any cancelled requests by choosing the appropriate button in the “Review Requests” section. If you need to change your personal information, edit your user account, or change your password, you can do so by selecting the appropriate button in the “Review Personal Information” section.
- To submit an interlibrary loan request, please select the request type button that is most appropriate to the item that you are interested in borrowing in the “Request Types” section. For example, if you want to interlibrary loan a book, click on the “Request a Book” button. If you desire to interlibrary loan an article, click on the “Request a Photocopy” button.
- When you click on a Request button, a loan request form will appear. Fill in the information in the boxes given to describe the item. Please include as much information as possible to facilitate the processing of your interlibrary loan request. For example, if you are requesting an article, you will need to fill in the “Inclusive Pages” field. If the article that you are requesting starts on page 20, but you do not know the page that the article ends on, you can type in “20 - end of article” or “20 - eoa” to complete this field.
- All fields that are designated as required must be filled in on the loan request form before your request can go through. If you do not know what to put in a required field, please type “unknown” in the box provided for the required field.
- When you have completed filling in the loan request form, click on the “Submit Request” button to submit your interlibrary loan request to ILLiad. If you need to clear the loan request form and start over, click on the “Clear Form” button. If, instead, you desire to cancel your interlibrary loan request and return to the ILLiad main menu page, click on the “Cancel - Return to Main Menu” button.
- Once you have selected the “Submit Request” button to submit your interlibrary loan request, you will be returned to the ILLiad main menu page. At this time, you can click on another Request button in the “Request Types” section if you desire to submit another interlibrary loan request, or conduct a transaction in the “Review Requests” or “Review Personal Information” sections.
- Once you have completed your transactions, you can sign off of ILLiad by selecting the “Exit ILLiad System” button.
You will be contacted by phone or email once your interlibrary loan requests have been received at the Law Library.
If you experience any technical difficulties with ILLiad, please contact Joan Stringfellow via email or at 817-212-3824. If you have any questions regarding your interlibrary loan requests, please contact the reference desk.